Our Great Professor Called "Life"

The last few days have been very stressful.  We found the right land and we were in the middle of final negotiations the last few days. It's a small parcel of terrain that has good potential. We finally closed the deal today. There were many administrative processes that we were not familiar with. Most of which, were different from the usual procedures in the capital. I can't wait to share with you the knowledge I've stumbled  upon and the lessons I've gained during my trip. I'll write about my ordeals when I get back to the city.

I thought I won't be able to blog today. After transferring to a new hotel and some problems connecting with their Wi-Fi, I'm glad to be back online again. I'll now make up for what I have missed in the challenge.

On the island after a long day, visiting forest lands and checking out places.

{Day 23, Thursday: Things you've learned that school won't teach you}


Though I'm grateful that the high school, where I studied, taught us the importance of taking responsibility, time management and application of good conduct and moral values, there are things that we'll only learn in the real world. 


Use of Intuition and Gut Instinct 
I'm not a psychology major, but having dealt with different types of people throughout the years in my country and abroad, I've developed a sense of reading the person I'm dealing with and gauging situations. I usually adapt to an environment. I learned to thrive, while safe guarding my core values. It wasn't easy, there were struggles, anger and tears. Sometimes, we make mistakes. However when our goal is clear, persistence paves the way to help us flexibly adjust according to what's required at that given moment.

After diploma, earning a large paycheck and an impressive job title is not the end of the story. 
I remember when I was younger, I was so sad when I missed points to become a cum laude in college. Then someone told me that high grades and honors do not always guarantee success in life. It's great to have exceptional grades in school but they will never determine how great our future is going to be.

Success, anyways, have various definitions. To some it may be a corner office while others, it could be climbing Mt. Everest. 

What does success mean to you?  No one else can say whether it's right or wrong, only you can define what it truly means to you.

I see success as self fulfillment doing the thing we love, giving us joy while earning from it and sharing our gifts of happiness with others.  

In the first chapter of my life, my definition of success was different. I succeeded back then because I achieved my goal which was to help my family with the help of fate and faith

The school didn't teach me how to get there. However, the school did provide me with tools I can use to back me up with knowledge I needed at the right time.

I think the most important tools we gain from life are:
  • Being honest with ourselves on what our core values are and what's important to us.
  • Embracing who we are, our strengths and weaknesses. Our uniqueness makes each of us special.
  • Openness. Willingness to learn.
  • Humility.  Ability to accept and learn from our mistakes, to constantly improve ourselves.
  • Doing the thing we're scared of.
  • Great communication.
  • Passion to achieve our goal.
  • Trust in Fate (Synchronicity, Serendipity) and Faith (God, Higher power..etc.)
We can't please everyone and that's okay.
The people here are generally nice.  However, in every case, we cross paths with those who bring out either the best or the worst in us. It's a small town and everyone knows each other. 

In less than a week on the island, I met someone who stabbed me from behind and spread rumors against me. It was because I decided to cancel a deal that I foresee will give us a lot of problems, after thoroughly checking it with government agencies. There were information that were kept from us by this person during the process.

I, being unfamiliar with the laws here, believed in whatever was presented to us, but was cautious by double checking information with authorities. The said person defensively spread the news around town that I was not to be trusted and made stories.

Destiny or fate arranged that I find out, by accidentally meeting those who have heard these tales. Personally, I think, I don't need to defend myself because I know what I did was right. Serendipity revealed that I was not the only victim of this person. 

This made me realize that I can't please everyone. We all have our own preferences, tastes, level of awareness and understanding.  I have a choice in this situation, whether to be affected by it or just move on. I chose the latter.

I'm still continuously learning from our professor called Life
In Life's classroom, getting an A, on the contrary, is of utmost importance. 
Check out other lessons here 

Happy Friday!
Love & light,
Arni


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Great lessons. I agree with you that success has more to do with being satisfied with one's life than with any degree or fancy job title.

    What a story about your purchase, luckily you didn't get scammed! I'm very excited for you and I'm looking forward to read more about your new property and how you transform it :)

    Have a lovely weekend, Arni!
    xo Irene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. You look very cool and happy in your photo :)

      Delete
  2. hi Arni!!!
    this is such a great post and I can't wait to read and to know about you've learned from buying a terrain... hubby and I are both thinking of investing so I'm really curious to know ;)
    I've been in many places and I've lived in diffrent countries, I think that I grew up and learned from my experiences. I remember when I was still in Philippines I just thought I knew everything and I know to handle my life but it wasn't just that.. and I'm learned from others, from people, from my mistakes and I became matured ;)

    take care. have a lovely weekend!!!
    xoxo,Meg of Sweet Gala's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great lessons. I am sorry you were bullied by the individual spreading rumors. Moving on is a great life lesson. I am glad that you are able to do that.

    ReplyDelete