Hello 2016!



Happy New Year my dear friends!

Let's toast, celebrate and be thankful for the gifts 2015 surprised us with.  The sudden crave for a glass of wine after last minute grocery shopping madness hits me. I glance at my active toddler watching Peppa Pig sitting next to my husband, who's seriously playing Candy Crush.  These are peaceful moments  I'm thankful for. 


The holidays, at the end of the day bring us back to family.  Having said this, I am blessed for this very rare opportunity to celebrate the  year end together with my birth family and their partners.  It has been years since this happened, since we were all scattered in different countries and most of them were usually working during the holidays.  Imagine our excitement when they were granted their holidays for a fated reunion!  My siblings are life's blessings to me.



The new year brings the sudden urge to write goals. I found this quote that fits perfectly with how I perceive my goals for 2016 will be.

"Live your truth. 
Express your love. 
Share your enthusiasm. 
Take action towards your dreams. 
Walk your talk. 
Dance and sing to your music. 
Embrace your blessings. 
Make today worth remembering."
by Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You:
Reflections on Life and the Human Experience


We can keep on talking about our goals and even post vision boards, but they become senseless without action led by faith, courage and patience.  God has a major role to play in orchestrating events, unfolding at the perfect time, but He gave us gifts and talents for a reason.  I strongly believe opportunities come when we go out there, taking the first step in our relentless walk towards our calling. Once we take this brave step of making things happen, everything else will fall into place. 

I intend to continue the goals that I have started and accomplished in 2015.

Believe that anything is possible.
Start each day with goals.
Eat more real food.
Get good books (this year, in french) 
and make time to read them.
Exercise daily.
Drink water.
Purge the unnecessary and decrease clutter.
Hug the ones I love.
Find the best in others.
Show the best in me.


I will take some time to reflect on detailed short term goals for next year .
Have you thought of your list of goals for 2016 ?

Photo Credit: Lito Flestado

Happy New Year Everyone!
Love & light,
Arni

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Happy new year to you too, Arni! I really like your lists of goals, both the one you wrote last year and the quote you've borrowed for this year. I think they are small things that can help make each day more meaningful to us. I'm glad to read that you have enjoyed a nice celebration with all your siblings and extended family and that your lovely family of three is doing fine.

    Much love from Switzerland x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Irene, how have you been? I've been thinking about you often. Wishing you and your family festive holidays. It's your baby girl's first new year, yes? How exciting!

      Delete
  2. Happiest of New Years to you and your family! It arrives earlier at the Philippines, yes?
    I tend not to plan anything, because I feel Devil smirks upon us each time we make a plan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very happy and fabulous New Year to you Dezzy! Yes, it'll be 2016 in a few hours. You make a good point about making plans, interesting though how the Devil usually panics the most when we get closer to achieving our goals.

      Delete
  3. Happy new year to you and yours. I'm actually going to try to be a little less intentional this year but also be more active about doing and what I want :) May this year be the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that you get to spend the holidays with your siblings. I don't get to spend it with the whole of my family for years and it is kinda sad.

    You have a good set of goals this year. I liked them. I do have my own list of goals too but I still need to polish up the list haha... Happy New Year Arni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too Marge! Holidays tend to bring out missing family and yearning for togetherness especially when we're living away from them. Have fun writing goals and enjoy conquering them. :)

      Delete
  5. Happy 2016 to you, Arni! I hope this year gives you more reasons to smile,more precious moments with your loved ones and lots of wonderful surprises!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wishing you a wonderful year too Claire. I have a very strong feeling, it's going to be a better one than 2015.

      Delete